SSE Game Jam 2020
Game Jam November 2020
What is this event?
A game jam is a fast-paced competition. You will compete agains other game designers in order to create the best game, in only 24 hours!
This year’s theme is Out of Control!
Where and When?
This entire game jam is virtual! After signing up you can get to work. At the end of the event, simply link a git repository so people can test your game. The event will run from Friday November 6th, 6:00 pm - Saturday November 7th, 6:00 pm. At this time, people will be given until Sunday to vote for their favorite games, and the winners will be announced on stream on Sunday at noon!
During this game jam, we are going to give prices based on the following categories
- Best Game
- Best Art
- Best Sound Design
We are trying something new this time around. We are live streaming this years game jam! If you don’t want to make a project this time around, but still want to participate come watch us on Twitch. If you are participating in the game jam you can choose to either opt in or opt out of being featured on stream!
What are the rules?
- Submit your project
- Duh! How are we going to decide that your game is the best if you never turn it in.
- We will have you sign up for the event here.
- At the end of the game jam, we will have you submit your project details here
- Submit your project before 6:00. We are forgiving, but it’s better to be 10 minutes early rather than 10 minutes late.
- Only use what you have made
- There are many exceptions to this rule. The main idea is that we don’t want you to submit other people’s games.
- You can use external libraries and game engines. In fact, we recommend you do this!
- You can use external assets. Models, sprites, sound, and music may be used if you don’t own them. Make sure your use is legal and credited.
- We do prefer that you make your own assets though! It makes the games so much more fun to play! :)
- Follow the theme
- The theme is vague. Don’t worry we did this on purpose. As long as you can make an argument that your game follows the theme, we will accept it. However, adherence to the theme is a criterion we take into account when determining a winner.
Who can I contact if I am interested or want to know more?
If you are interested or have any questions, feel free to reach out to Seth Fenske, or join the # gamedesign channel in the SSE Slack. He can be reached on
- Teams (email@example.com)
- SSE Slack (@Seth Fenske)
- Any time you see him in person!